If you spend any time on Pinterest you know that balloon garlands are all the rage these days- from birthday parties to weddings they are popping up everywhere! I recently made one for a friend’s first birthday party (it was whale themed!) and thought I would share my tips to putting together this super simple (yet huge impact!) decoration.
- 11″ or 12 ” Balloons in 3-5 different colors (I suggest using a variety of similar colors) *You can purchase balloons of different sizes or simply blow them up in varying degrees of size like I did.
- Two command hooks
*Shop everything you need for a whale themed party and balloon garland here!
1. Measure the space you will be placing your balloon garland, make sure to account for any places you want the garland to drape and add one foot to each end for safe measure. Cut a piece of twine to this length and tie it between two chairs, we will use this as our working space.
2. Begin to blow up balloons to varying sizes- don’t forget to make some small ones as fillers. Tie a 2″ piece of twine around the base of the knot on the balloon.
3. Tie your balloons onto the large piece of twine you set up between the chairs. I suggest double knotting them but leaving a little wiggle room so you can move the balloons around (this is especially important once you hang it!). It will not begin to look good until you have a lot of balloons tied on so don’t worry if yours doesn’t look perfect at first!
4. When you have tied on as many balloons as you want it is time to hang, I used two command hooks for an easy removal process later. Once it is hung you can shift the balloons around and add in more if you see any bare spots. That is the best part of this DIY, you can fix it and change it as you go!
And there you go, a super simple, cheap and fool proof decoration that will leave your guests impressed!