You guys know I LIVE for crafts!!
So here is the breakdown of how to recreated that fun DIY art piece I made on the Today Show and on an episode of Trading Spaces.
It is super easy and fun (great for kiddos too – just make sure to have gloves, a drop cloth and some extra towels handy!)
What you’ll need:
Canvas (any size – I used 8×10 in the video but the Trading Spaces one was way bigger)
Craft Sticks to stir paint
You could also buy a bundle that comes with everything HERE
1. Mix two parts Floetrol with one part acrylic paint into each cup (every could should be done in it’s own cup)
2. Stir the Floetrol and paint combinations until there are no lumps in any of the paint
3. Add 5 to 7 drops (per 2 ounces of paint) of silicone into each cup (in every color except for white)
5. In a separate cup, add each mixture… one by one, layering each color (the Master Cup)
6. Pick up the canvas and lay flat on top of the Master Cup
7. Flip the canvas and the Master Cup over and lift the cup to let the paint disperse
8. Move the canvas around until the paint covers the whole canvas and you have the desired pattern
9. Lay flat and dry!
It’s that easy!! Share your pictures with me and leave a comment below!